Acorus gramineus part2
Acorus gramineus has been found to have various effects through research in addition to brain-related effects
Acorus gramineus has anti-cancer effect.
We can find many kinds of effects in studies of the regulation of the immune system and anticancer effects. In a brief review of the results, we can see the regulation of the immune system, the increase of T lymphocyte, the strong cytotoxicity against cancer cells of leukemia, the induction of death of leukemia cancer cells, the increase of the expression of P53 which is a gene protecting cells from abnormal growth and mutation, and so on. These are evidence that can be seen as Acorus gramineus Soland has an Anticancer effect. Besides, it can induce enzymes that protect cancers and has the restricting effect of multiform cancers.
Acorus gramineus has effect on dermatological diseases.
In Korean traditional medicine, Acorus gramineus has the role of 'Sojongjiton' which gets rid of a big furuncle or the swelling of injuries and releases of pain, so that it can be used for injuries and dermatological diseases.
If the Acorus gramineus is sprinkled on the purulent ulcer and the surface of inflammation of the skin, they are soothed easily.
In another experiment, it appears Acorus gramineus has an antiallergenic effect and its components such as 'β-Asarone' contribute to the activation of the antiallergenic effect.
Also, Acorus gramineus shows a good effect on vascular function.
A study proved that Acorus gramineus made the level of Triglyceride in vessels lower significantly so that it can decrease the index of arteriosclerosis through controlling blood lipids.
β-asarone is a component that take a role in increasing the blood volume in a coronary artery.
In the arterial thrombosis test, there was an Anti-thrombotic effect.
Acorus gramineus has the effect which decreases fat levels.
A study in Kyunghee University(in South Korea) in 2007 proved that Acorus gramineus made weight loss, a decrease of dietary intake, and severe decrease of fat tissue, especially the study predicted Acorus gramineus will be a good substance for preventing obesity through the genetic change related of the accumulation of fat in fat tissues.
- Jo Jung-Ok, Kim Sun-Min, Kim Kyong-Su.1999.Analysis of Asarone, Coumarin and Thujone in Medicinal Plants Used in Brewing a Korean Traditional Folk Wine
- Hong Sunhwa, Kim Dong-Woo, Choi Yeon-Shik, Kim Da-Seul, Kim Okjin.2016. Effect of Acorus gramineus Water Extract on the Blood Lipid Profiles in High Fat Diet-fed Mice
- Kim Dong-Chan.2018.In Silico Analysis and Molecular Docking Comparison of Mosquito Oviposition Pheromone and Beta-asarone on the Mosquito Odorant Binding Protein-1
- Jung, K. Y., Kho, B. H. and Song, I. B. 1999. The Bibiographical investigation of effect of acorus gramineus soland. J. Sasang Const. Med. 11, 242-251.
- Mythili, A. M. N., Immanuel, S. C., Rajasekharan, P. E., Rajasekharan, C., Tharachand, C., Rao, V. K. and Munirajappa, H. (2013) HPLC profiling of β-asarone content and cytogenetic studies of medicinally important Indian Acorus calamus l. Int. J. pharm. Sci. 22: 73-78.
- Kim Nam-Seok, Lee Kyu-Hee, Kim Tae-Ho , Bae Jin-Bum, Kim Sun-Geun, Jeon Hoon, Lim Jong-Phil, Shin Tae-Yong, Lee Chang-Hyun, Jeong Seung-Il. 2007.Immuno-regulatory and Anti-cancer Effect of Acorus gramineus Solander
- Yan Li, Xi-Le Zhang, Yan-Ran Huang, Yan-Yan Zheng, Guo-Qing Zheng , and Li-Ping Zhang.2020.Extracts or Active Components from Acorus gramineus Aiton for Cognitive Function Impairment: Preclinical Evidence and Possible Mechanisms